Skip to main content

moscato zabaglione with cornmeal cookies

Cookies
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large egg yolks
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup golden raisins (about 4 ounces)

Powdered sugar

Zabaglione
6 large egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup Italian Moscato or Essencia

Preparation

For cookies:
Using electric mixer, beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in lemon peel and salt, then egg yolks. Beat in cornmeal, then flour. Stir in raisins. Knead dough just to combine; transfer to sheet of plastic wrap. Using plastic, form dough into 2x9-inch log. Chill until firm, 3 hours or up to 1 day.

Preheat oven to 325°F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice dough log into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Arrange rounds on prepared baking sheet, spacing 1 inch apart and reshaping into rounds if uneven. Bake cookies until golden at edges, about 15 minutes. Transfer to rack. Dust with powdered sugar and cool completely. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.)

For zabaglione:
Whisk egg yolks and sugar in large metal bowl to blend; gradually whisk in Moscato. Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water (do not allow bowl to touch water). Whisk until mixture is thick and foamy and thermometer inserted into mixture registers 160°F, about 4 minutes. Divide zabaglione among 6 wineglasses. Serve immediately, passing cookies alongside.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

QUICK & Easy Garlic Shrimp

Another easy shrimp recipe. It's actually a Rachel Ray recipe that I changed up a bit (am I the only one that really does not find her that cute and bubbly, but actually a bit irritating), ANYway, She calls it her 4 minute spicy garlic blah blah recipe. It's not spicy, I doubled the red pepper and still nada, she is obviously a wuss, but it's good and easy and I was looking for a recipe with ingredients I already had. I decided too give peace a chance, and try one of her recipes. You can find her original recipe here http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/4-minute-spicy-garlic-shrimp-recipe/index.html OR the better version below :) This is good as an appetizer, or as a main dish over pasta. Spicy Garlic Shrimp inspired by Rachel Ray Ingredients: 1 lb. large shrimp, deviened and shelled 1 1/2 Tbsp sesame or Olive oil 5 garlic cloves, minced or pressed 1 tsp red pepper flakes (I doubled the amount she had, but you can cut it in half if you are not hardcore like moi) ...

Delish Chicken Chili

We are a household of chili lovers. Derek typically makes the chili in the house, but when I came across Barefoot Contessa's Chicken Chili, I knew I had to try to make this one. I added some ingredients that I felt she had left out, like BEANS!!! Who doesn't add beans to chili? I also used San Marzano tomatoes because they are the tastiest little red beasts ever!!!!!!! Oh and I did not use ANY of the peppers, because I hate peppers, and refuse to eat them, and stomp my feet on the ground if they are in my food. So here you go....I will put into parenthesis what I added to the dish. Ingredients * 4 cups chopped yellow onions (3 onions) * 1/8 cup olive oil, plus extra * olive oil, for chicken * 1/8 cup minced garlic (2 cloves) * 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and large-diced * 2 yellow bell peppers, cored, seeded, and large-diced * 1 teaspoon chili powder * 1 teaspoon ground cumin * 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes * 1/4 teaspoon ca...

Banana Bread with Cinnamon Crumble Topping

I am not sure why I keep buying bananas because they keep sitting on my counter turning brown and then I have to find a new recipe to use with the bananas instead of throwing them away. The good thing is that most recipes call for ripe bananas and I have had really good luck with the recipes I have found. This one I found in Bon Appetit it is from a restaurant in Oakland, California by the name of Bakesale Betty and it is one of the best sellers. This bread got rave reviews from everyone and is definitely a keeper. I threw in a handful of walnuts just because, but you don't have to. This is a cross between banana bread and coffee cake. Ingredients 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 1 cup p...