Skip to main content

Tasty but even better EASY Chicken Drumsticks

As I dug around the freezer looking for what meat to take out for dinner. I notice What the hell?? there are only Chicken Drumsticks?? Ugh. It is not that I don't like them, but it is one of the last resort meats I tend to make. I needed a new way to make the Mighty Ol' Drumstick, and I found one!! EASY EASY EASY...CRUNCHY....TASTY Drumstick.

Oh yeah I see you eyeing up those mashed potatoes...NO I don't usually pipe beautiful mashed potatoes on our plate, what am I crazy?? The thing is Ethan is not a fan of mashed potatoes but he IS a fan of cupcakes, SOOO I thought maybe if I make the mashed potatoes LOOK like vanilla frosting that I make on cupcakes he would eat them???? Well.....at least he tried them.



Ingredients:
3 TBLSP butter, melted
2TBLSP oil
1/2 cup crushed saltine crackers
2 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
8 chicken legs, skin off

Directions:

Heat oven to 350ยบ.

Stir together crackers and onion soup mix. Dip Chicken legs into melted butter/oil mix then coat with cracker mixture.

What I usually do with Chicken Legs is put them on a cooling rack on top of a baking pan so the bottom of the legs don't get all soggy by laying on the pan, but you can put them onto a dish if you would like. Sprinkle with any remaining crumb mixture.

Bake for 45-55 minutes or until chicken is tender and thoroughly cooked.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

QUICK & Easy Garlic Shrimp

Another easy shrimp recipe. It's actually a Rachel Ray recipe that I changed up a bit (am I the only one that really does not find her that cute and bubbly, but actually a bit irritating), ANYway, She calls it her 4 minute spicy garlic blah blah recipe. It's not spicy, I doubled the red pepper and still nada, she is obviously a wuss, but it's good and easy and I was looking for a recipe with ingredients I already had. I decided too give peace a chance, and try one of her recipes. You can find her original recipe here http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/4-minute-spicy-garlic-shrimp-recipe/index.html OR the better version below :) This is good as an appetizer, or as a main dish over pasta. Spicy Garlic Shrimp inspired by Rachel Ray Ingredients: 1 lb. large shrimp, deviened and shelled 1 1/2 Tbsp sesame or Olive oil 5 garlic cloves, minced or pressed 1 tsp red pepper flakes (I doubled the amount she had, but you can cut it in half if you are not hardcore like moi) ...

Banana Bread with Cinnamon Crumble Topping

I am not sure why I keep buying bananas because they keep sitting on my counter turning brown and then I have to find a new recipe to use with the bananas instead of throwing them away. The good thing is that most recipes call for ripe bananas and I have had really good luck with the recipes I have found. This one I found in Bon Appetit it is from a restaurant in Oakland, California by the name of Bakesale Betty and it is one of the best sellers. This bread got rave reviews from everyone and is definitely a keeper. I threw in a handful of walnuts just because, but you don't have to. This is a cross between banana bread and coffee cake. Ingredients 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 1 cup p...

Delish Chicken Chili

We are a household of chili lovers. Derek typically makes the chili in the house, but when I came across Barefoot Contessa's Chicken Chili, I knew I had to try to make this one. I added some ingredients that I felt she had left out, like BEANS!!! Who doesn't add beans to chili? I also used San Marzano tomatoes because they are the tastiest little red beasts ever!!!!!!! Oh and I did not use ANY of the peppers, because I hate peppers, and refuse to eat them, and stomp my feet on the ground if they are in my food. So here you go....I will put into parenthesis what I added to the dish. Ingredients * 4 cups chopped yellow onions (3 onions) * 1/8 cup olive oil, plus extra * olive oil, for chicken * 1/8 cup minced garlic (2 cloves) * 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and large-diced * 2 yellow bell peppers, cored, seeded, and large-diced * 1 teaspoon chili powder * 1 teaspoon ground cumin * 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes * 1/4 teaspoon ca...