Skip to main content

Ok Stacey...Just for you. I Love Cheesy Bread or Olive Cheesy Bread

Soooo, I made this as one of the Appies at Owen's 1st birthday and I got a few requests for it then, but I also brought it to Karen's house for Terentieff Tuesday and Stacey hasn't forgotten about this lusciously delicious fellow. So this is for Stacy and anyone else who needs an easy and tasty little appetizer.


The Cast of Characters:
French bread
6 oz green olives
6 oz black olives
2green onions
1 stick butter softened
1/2 cup real or low fat (not fat-free) mayonnaise
3/4 pound Monterey Jack Cheese.

1. Place one regular-sized can of black olives on a cutting board. (Mine said "6 oz. Dry Wt."), Do the same with a 6-oz jar of pimiento-stuffed green olives Give them a rough chop.
2. Slice 2 green onions into thin pieces then give them a nice rough chop all over
3. Place 1 stick softenend butter into a mixing bowl.
4. Add 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Please do NOT hurl if you don’t like mayonnaise; I promise, you won’t even know it’s there.
5. Take 3/4 pound grated Monterey Jack cheese and add it to the bowl.
6. Now add the olives and green onions and stir it all together until thoroughly combined. Use immediately or refrigerate mixture up to two days before using.
7. Slice the loaf of French bread lengthwise.
8. Spread the mixture evenly onto both halves of the bread It’ll look like WAY too much…but don’t worry. It’ll melt and gradually flatten and soak nicely into the bread.
9. 325 degrees for 25 minutes, or until cheese is totally melted and the top is beginning to turn light brown.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

QUICK & Easy Garlic Shrimp

Another easy shrimp recipe. It's actually a Rachel Ray recipe that I changed up a bit (am I the only one that really does not find her that cute and bubbly, but actually a bit irritating), ANYway, She calls it her 4 minute spicy garlic blah blah recipe. It's not spicy, I doubled the red pepper and still nada, she is obviously a wuss, but it's good and easy and I was looking for a recipe with ingredients I already had. I decided too give peace a chance, and try one of her recipes. You can find her original recipe here http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/4-minute-spicy-garlic-shrimp-recipe/index.html OR the better version below :) This is good as an appetizer, or as a main dish over pasta. Spicy Garlic Shrimp inspired by Rachel Ray Ingredients: 1 lb. large shrimp, deviened and shelled 1 1/2 Tbsp sesame or Olive oil 5 garlic cloves, minced or pressed 1 tsp red pepper flakes (I doubled the amount she had, but you can cut it in half if you are not hardcore like moi) ...

Delish Chicken Chili

We are a household of chili lovers. Derek typically makes the chili in the house, but when I came across Barefoot Contessa's Chicken Chili, I knew I had to try to make this one. I added some ingredients that I felt she had left out, like BEANS!!! Who doesn't add beans to chili? I also used San Marzano tomatoes because they are the tastiest little red beasts ever!!!!!!! Oh and I did not use ANY of the peppers, because I hate peppers, and refuse to eat them, and stomp my feet on the ground if they are in my food. So here you go....I will put into parenthesis what I added to the dish. Ingredients * 4 cups chopped yellow onions (3 onions) * 1/8 cup olive oil, plus extra * olive oil, for chicken * 1/8 cup minced garlic (2 cloves) * 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and large-diced * 2 yellow bell peppers, cored, seeded, and large-diced * 1 teaspoon chili powder * 1 teaspoon ground cumin * 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes * 1/4 teaspoon ca...

Banana Bread with Cinnamon Crumble Topping

I am not sure why I keep buying bananas because they keep sitting on my counter turning brown and then I have to find a new recipe to use with the bananas instead of throwing them away. The good thing is that most recipes call for ripe bananas and I have had really good luck with the recipes I have found. This one I found in Bon Appetit it is from a restaurant in Oakland, California by the name of Bakesale Betty and it is one of the best sellers. This bread got rave reviews from everyone and is definitely a keeper. I threw in a handful of walnuts just because, but you don't have to. This is a cross between banana bread and coffee cake. Ingredients 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 1 cup p...