Skip to main content

Linzer Tart Cookies!!


I haven't posted anything in so long and I HAVE been making stuff and taking pictures but just haven't posted, my apologies. ANYway, yesterday my grandparent's were coming over and I wanted to bake something they can have with coffee and as I reached for my apron I thought of Heather who gifted me the adorable pink beauty and then I thought of one of her favorite cookies, and so this is how I ended up making the linzer tart. Everyone was really enjoying them too. You can use any flavor Jam in the center, we just happen to be big fans of the Raspberry Preserve.

*The cookies are pictured on the Apron because it is just too cute!!


¼ cup + 2 Tbs.


butter, softened


¾ cup


firmly packed brown sugar


1 large


egg


¾ tsp


vanilla extract


2 cups


flour


1/8 tsp


salt


½ cup


strawberry jam




powdered sugar



1

Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add brown sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, beating until blended.

2

Combine flour and salt; add to butter mixture, beating well. Divide dough in half, and wrap in wax paper. Chill 1hour.

3

Roll half of dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; keep remaining dough chilled until ready to use. Cut with a 3½-inch round cookie cutter. Transfer cookies to lightly greased baking sheets.

4

Roll remaining half of dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a 3½-inch round cookie cutter. Transfer cookies to lightly greased baking sheets. Cut out center of each cookie with a 1- or 1½-inch star-shaped cookie cutter (or any other shape).

5

Bake at 350°F. for 5-6 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool slightly on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

6

Spread solid cookies evenly with strawberry jam. Dust cookies with cutout centers lightly with powdered sugar. Top solid cookies with sugar-dusted cookies, pressing lightly together to fill cutouts with jam.


Yield: 2 dozen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

QUICK & Easy Garlic Shrimp

Another easy shrimp recipe. It's actually a Rachel Ray recipe that I changed up a bit (am I the only one that really does not find her that cute and bubbly, but actually a bit irritating), ANYway, She calls it her 4 minute spicy garlic blah blah recipe. It's not spicy, I doubled the red pepper and still nada, she is obviously a wuss, but it's good and easy and I was looking for a recipe with ingredients I already had. I decided too give peace a chance, and try one of her recipes. You can find her original recipe here http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/4-minute-spicy-garlic-shrimp-recipe/index.html OR the better version below :) This is good as an appetizer, or as a main dish over pasta. Spicy Garlic Shrimp inspired by Rachel Ray Ingredients: 1 lb. large shrimp, deviened and shelled 1 1/2 Tbsp sesame or Olive oil 5 garlic cloves, minced or pressed 1 tsp red pepper flakes (I doubled the amount she had, but you can cut it in half if you are not hardcore like moi) ...

Banana Bread with Cinnamon Crumble Topping

I am not sure why I keep buying bananas because they keep sitting on my counter turning brown and then I have to find a new recipe to use with the bananas instead of throwing them away. The good thing is that most recipes call for ripe bananas and I have had really good luck with the recipes I have found. This one I found in Bon Appetit it is from a restaurant in Oakland, California by the name of Bakesale Betty and it is one of the best sellers. This bread got rave reviews from everyone and is definitely a keeper. I threw in a handful of walnuts just because, but you don't have to. This is a cross between banana bread and coffee cake. Ingredients 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 1 cup p...

Delish Chicken Chili

We are a household of chili lovers. Derek typically makes the chili in the house, but when I came across Barefoot Contessa's Chicken Chili, I knew I had to try to make this one. I added some ingredients that I felt she had left out, like BEANS!!! Who doesn't add beans to chili? I also used San Marzano tomatoes because they are the tastiest little red beasts ever!!!!!!! Oh and I did not use ANY of the peppers, because I hate peppers, and refuse to eat them, and stomp my feet on the ground if they are in my food. So here you go....I will put into parenthesis what I added to the dish. Ingredients * 4 cups chopped yellow onions (3 onions) * 1/8 cup olive oil, plus extra * olive oil, for chicken * 1/8 cup minced garlic (2 cloves) * 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and large-diced * 2 yellow bell peppers, cored, seeded, and large-diced * 1 teaspoon chili powder * 1 teaspoon ground cumin * 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes * 1/4 teaspoon ca...